Friday, 20 October 2017

Welcome to Friday and the start of the weekend!

Morning all,

Hope you've had a good week, as I have, although I thought I was coming down with a cold. I don't know about you but I always SEEM to have a pattern, starting off with a scratchy throat and a funny taste in my mouth .. next day it's like all hell's let loose in my head and I need a kleenex truck to follow me for the next few days - can you say eeeeuuuuwwww! So, imagine my surprise when I got day one on Wednesday and then ...... nothing, nada, zip - day two same as day one - not really sure what's going on but, I'll take it!

Anyhoo, before it turns in to the cold from hell, I hit the ToC (that's Table of Craftiness) with vengeance, to work it out of my system!

My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card and two pieces of navy card (Recollections brand)
  • Stampers Anonymous (Grunge Cirque) images stamped using Ranger Archival inks in shadow grey, cobalt and vermilion
  • Creative Expressions (Urban Beats) sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Black glitter glue used to accentuate the sentiment



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Dream Valley challenges - challenge No. 165 - ONE FOR THE BOYS
  2. Water Cooler Wednesday - challenge No. 141 - Heidi's MASCULINE ANYTHING GOES
  3. CraftaholicsRUs - challenge No. 41 - ANYTHING GOES
And another make to share with you today ....


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit and two pieces of grey card, to mat
  • Using low tack tape I masked off the lower portion of my image panel and applied Distress Inks in wild honey and fired brick, using a Tim Holtz blending tool
  • Penny Black image (Woodland Beauty set) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Krylon matte sealing spray applied before removing my mask, to protect the water based inks in transit
  • My Favourite Things (Distressed patterns) splatter image stamped using Distress Oxide candied apple ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment (from Just Saying) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink 




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Cards and More - challenge No. 195 - GET WELL
  2. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 264 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  3. Inky Chicks - challenge No. 89 - ANYTHING BUT SQUARE



11 comments:

SARN said...

Two very cool cards. Loving the orange, black and grey of the get well card, and the grungy-ness of the birthday card.

Glad you're doing ok!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

Two wonderful cards Kathy and I love the bold geometric look to the first and then the pretty floral silhouette on the second, both great colours but the bright orange and red on the second is my favourite I think. Glad the cold decided not to appear and have a good weekend. x

Neva Zver said...

Fantastic two cards! Truly beautiful!! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT

Michelle said...

Both cards are fantastic. I love how you made the get well cad. I like the warm colors of orange.
Thanks for joining us at Cards und More.
Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks so much for sharing your cards at the Watercooler Wednesday Masculine challenge this week Kath. Both are terrific cards. I really like the one you posted for our challenge because of the abstract circles, grunge appeal and great sentiment. Really nice masculine vibe going on with the colours you chose.

Gail said...

A great guy card - the colours, the images all work well. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

├ůsa said...

Beautiful card. Love the orange and red backgroud.

Judy Markowitz said...

I adore your masculine card! It is so fun! Love the design! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

k.m.meena Herale said...

Lovely card, Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena DT

Cara said...

Two stunning cards, love them both x

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT