Saturday, 15 July 2017

Welcome to Saturday ...

Hi there,

I'd like to welcome my latest followers, hope you stop by again - leave me a comment so I can follow you back to your blog too.

Here we are, at a weekend in July and what have I got to share with you this morning? Why, a Christmas card, of course!!! Time is marching on .. last year I sent out around 70 handmade Christmas cards so I TRY to make a few each month in order to prevent a last minute sprint to the finish line come November! One year I was still making them Christmas Eve! I'm determined not to make that mistake again, I can tell you! Anyhoo, onwards and upwards - let's get to the card ....


My card
And a closer view of the panel, to show the colouring
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of card (one white and one red) cut to 14.2cm x 10cm
  • One piece of white card cut to 13.7cm x 9.5cm
  • Snippets of card in both white and red, for the image panel
  • Red satin ribbon
  • Fizzy Moon (little messages set) image and sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour, blended using Sansodor and a paper stump
  • Stardust stickles to highlight


I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Unicorn challenge - challenge No. 23 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  2. A Snowflakes Promise - challenge No 42 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 184 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  4. Chrimbo Crackers - challenge No. 136 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Deep Ocean - challenge No. 159 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY

And another make, this time a birthday card and using a Katzelkraft image


My card
 

The front, back and inside of my card, along with the front and back of my envelope


And a closer view of Holmesy's monocle!
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of card (one white and one red) cut to 14.2cm x 10cm
  • One piece of white card cut to 13.7cm x 9.5cm
  • Katzelkraft "Holmesy" KTZ083 image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour, blended using sansodor and paper stumps
  • CAS-ual Friday sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink (for the insert and envelope I also used Imagine That sentiment from the YOU ROCK set stamped using the same ink)
  • Plaid dimensional gloss for Holmesy's monocle!

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 202 - BIRTHDAY WISHES
  2. CRAFT Rocket - challenge No. 39 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Gals Corner - challenge No. 131 - DO IT FOR THE DUDES (masculine project)
  4. Crafty Addicts - challenge No. 38 - ANYTHING GOES/SOMETHING HUMOROUS
  5. Watercooler Wednesday - challenge No. 127 - ALL ABOUT THE BIRTHDAYS


17 comments:

SARN said...

Aww! Adorable Xmas card and an amusing birthday card. Great colouring missus xxx

Cara said...

Two fabulous cards, love them both x

Marsha J Reed said...

Great card, Kathy! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Furrbster said...

Two brilliant cards and I love the co-ordination on the envelopes too! I love the glitter on Fizzy Moon, so very cute,

Lovely to have you joining in the festivities with us this July over at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Jennifer Bradley said...

Adorable Christmas card Kathy, love the cute bear.Thank you for sharing with us at Unicorn and good luck in the draw. Jennifer Dt member x

Penny Hanuszak said...

What great cards Kathy. Love the little snow bear. He's so sweet. But I really got a smile from your Homesley card. What a character. Love Holmesy's little glass monocle! What a hoot! Great birthday card! Thanks for sharing at the Watercooler Wednesday Birthday challenge this week.

Amy Cohen said...

Super cute- I love how you stamp on the envelope too! Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts.
Amy-DT

Marina said...

I make Christmas cards all year round - but I still have a last minute panic in sending them out! I love these two cute cards.

Kuni said...

Stunning card.
The card also fits our challenge at the Sweet Stampers.
Check it out.
http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/
Hugs
Kuni

Pat said...

I adore your sweet bear Kathy and the Stardust Stickles look great round the hat, then that cute and fun dog, and I love his red bow tie and the red mat to match, both images beautifully coloured too. x

Heidi Weaver said...

Great cards, Kathy. I especially love that little pup. What a face he has and how beautifully you coloured him, giving him such a lot of personality. One can just imagine him saying "They say it's your Birthday" in a slightly bored, rather well-bred voice. The monocle puts him over the top as does the plaid bow tie. I'm absolutely in love with this little character! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Judy Markowitz said...

OMG both cards are so adorable! I love your choice of images and your card composition is fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

Gail said...

What an amazing dog image! I just love his expression and the way he seems to be looking upwards towards the greeting. And that is a great greeting - can't get the song out of my head now!

Lena's Creations said...

What a fun card! :-) Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Lena -DT

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

Sandy How said...

Cute cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenges. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy

Tip Top said...

Great card! Thanks for entering Crimbo Crackers - hope to see you again next time!